[FFmpeg-user] Problem Compiling ffmpeg

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Apr 4 13:28:06 CEST 2014

Moritz Barsnick <barsnick <at> gmx.net> writes:

> I personally don't see the point of configuring and
> using an IDE to build a project which already has a
> perfectly working configure/make flow.

> But that's just me.

On the contrary:
We invested a huge amount of work into the configure
script and I don't remember a request for an additional
feature atm.
At the same time, people don't stop to ask how not to
use the script (and ignore both possible solutions and
the etiquette on this mailing list). This is quite
annoying.

Is ./configure --help really an unusual way to learn
about its options?

Carl Eugen