[FFmpeg-user] cut at keyframes

Pawel Por porparek at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 16:40:53 CEST 2014

>>* My goal is to cut my mp4 movie exactly at keyframe.
*>>* Is it possible with the most recent version of ffmpeg ?
*
> With the sample you uploaded, I only managed to cut at
> keyframe boundaries.
> How did you succeed in cutting somewhere else?

You are right. I also did not succeed cutting somewhere else than at the
keyframe boundary.
It looks like I was confused by the brightness of the cut point. When I use
eg
-ss 0.5 -t 3
and
-ss 1 -t 3

I got the same beginning cut point which is always the keyframe but for
some reasons one of them is darker. I was confused at it when a movie was
quite static.
Anyway it works fine now for me.