[FFmpeg-user] Strange -vf fps and -r behavior

Nicholas Robbins nickrobbins at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 16 17:38:11 CEST 2014

> On Wednesday, April 16, 2014 7:10 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> > Nicholas Robbins <nickrobbins <at> yahoo.com> writes:
>
>>  I can make the problem go away if I use -r 24000/1001 instead,
>>  but my understanding is that -vf fps is preferred to -r.
>
> Please see tickets #1578 and #2674.
> (If fps had only advantages, -r would invoke -vf fps)

I'm not sure this is quite the same as those tickets, but they did bring my attention to the 'round' option in the fps filter. Adding round=zero seems to have solved it, I think.

> If you believe the documentation is misleading please
> consider sending a documentation patch!

It wasn't the documentation that gave me that impression. I suppose it was just people recommending -vf fps to solve various problems.