[FFmpeg-user] Fwd: Re: 6720x1200 proRes to wmv

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Apr 16 21:21:30 CEST 2014

Jim Shupert <jshupert <at> pps-inc.com> writes:

> but for me that yield a file that plays badly in VLC
> [ 2.0.8 Twoflower ] a diag pops up of
> Your video output acceleration driver does not support
> the required resolution: 6720x1200 pixels. The maximum
> supported resolution is 2046x1200.
> Video output acceleration will be disabled.

This doesn't look like a problem with vlc to me.
(But your vlc version is unsupported, I tested 2.1.x)

> MPlayer svn r34540 (Ubuntu), built with gcc-4.6 (C)
> 2000-2012 MPlayer Team

> so why do you- have no problems?

You are not showing the complete MPlayer console
output but I suspect you are not testing MPlayer
(at least not a supported version).
Otoh, MPlayer may have the same driver problem as
vlc, but again, this isn't something that can be
fixed in MPlayer.
It works with my 35€ GPU, so I don't think
extraordinary hardware is required.
(GT 520)

Carl Eugen