[FFmpeg-user] Is there a better way to do this

Cecil Westerhof Cecil at decebal.nl
Sat Apr 19 14:36:19 CEST 2014

Op Saturday 19 Apr 2014 13:01 CEST schreef Reindl Harald:

> Am 19.04.2014 12:52, schrieb Cecil Westerhof:

>>> ab = AudioBitrate
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MP3
>>
>> Why is it then not in the documentation?
>
> other question: why do you set params don't know what they are?

Why do you think I do not know what it means? I just wondered why it
was not in the documentation.

> because it is disapproved, exists because of compatibility
> as well as "vb" for video-bitrate while recent versions
> prefer -b:v and -b:a, ffmpeg --help is a good start in doubt
>
> a simle google search answers that in the search results
> https://www.google.com/search?q=ffmpeg+%22-ab%22

If you look at the results, you see that -ab is used a lot there. So
if it is disapproved, your query is not a very helpful one.

Also if it is disapproved, not talking about it is not going to help.
Saying why it is disapproved and what to use instead is going to help.

By the way, I changed:
    -ab 64k
to:
    -b:a 128k

I doubled the rate also, because I saw that video took a lot more as
audio, so increasing audio bitrate does not have a big influence and
when I capture more as only voice a change is not meeded.

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer