[FFmpeg-user] Turning MP3 into MP4 and join with second MP4 file?

Gilles codecomplete at free.fr
Mon Apr 21 03:13:09 CEST 2014

On Sat, 19 Apr 2014 13:32:11 +0200, Gilles <codecomplete at free.fr>
wrote:
>I used ffmpeg to turn the MP3 file and a PNG file into an MP4 file,
>converted the second MP4 file to match the audiovideo settings of the
>first MP4, but it doesn't work and neitherMP4Joiner nor My MP4Box GUI
>are able to join the two MP4 files.

For others benefit:

1. Using ffmpeg, created first MP4 file by combining MP3 + PNG

ffmpeg.exe -loop 1 -i speaker.png -i first.half.mp3 -shortest -c:v
libx264 -s:v 848x480 -tune stillimage -pix_fmt yuv420p -c:a aac
-strict -2 -f mp4 part1.mp4

2. Using ffmpeg, converted second MP4 file to match settings used by
first file

ffmpeg.exe -report -i second.part.mp4 -shortest -c:v libx264 -pix_fmt
yuv420p -strict experimental -c:a aac -ab 128k -ar 48000 -strict -2 -f
mp4 part.2.mp4

3. Joined both files with Corel VideoStudio Pro X5

4. As output MP4 was three times bigger, used Handbrake to reduce file
size further.

Thank you.