[FFmpeg-user] Concatenate MP4s plus fade in effect command

sean blow iamnoble2014 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 15:37:33 CEST 2014

Hello everyone,

I have three mp4s that I would like to join without re-encoding and I'm
doing the following with:

ffmpeg -i input1.mp4 -c copy -bsf h264_mp4toannexb output1.ts
ffmpeg -i input2.mp4 -c copy -bsf h264_mp4toannexb output2.ts
ffmpeg -i input3.mp4 -c copy -bsf h264_mp4toannexb output2.ts

ffmpeg -i "concat:output1.ts|output2.ts|output3.ts" -c copy -absf
aac_adtstoasc concatAll.mp4

I need help with adding a fade in effect at the beginning of output2.ts and
output3.ts for a duration of 2 seconds each. basically I need to be able to
be able to add a transition effect from video to video.

Thanks in advance for your help.