[FFmpeg-user] wav concat woes

RDP gliese849b at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 06:08:04 CEST 2014

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 12:03 AM, Sean Darcy <seandarcy2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fedora 20, trying to concatenate a set of wav files.
>
> cat 01_list.txt
> file '01/01.01_test.wav'
> file '01/01.02_test.wav'
> file '01/01.03_test.wav'
> file '01/01.04_test.wav'
>
> ffmpeg  -f concat -i 01_list.txt -vn -c:a libfdk_aac    -profile:a aac_he
> -b:a 48k -ac 1 -signaling implicit    test2.m4a 2> ffmpeg.out
> And I can run the command on each individually.
>..
>..
> Any help appreciated.

As far as I am aware, conjoining .wav files is not that simple.  While
cat joins the files together, it doesn't take into
account the RIFF header at the beginning of each one.  Thus you get a
combined file that thinks it is only as long
as the first sample in the list.  You either need a program that can
join them correctly for you, or you take the headers
into account when joining them, and adjust the parameters of the
resulting file accordingly.

These random links may assist,

  http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/15187/Concatenating-Wave-Files-Using-C

  http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/15187/Concatenating-Wave-Files-Using-C