[FFmpeg-user] Help with HTTP Streaming FFMPEG

Farrukh Javed mohdfjaved at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 2 17:02:10 CEST 2014

I am trying to stream an mpg video over an http server using ffmepg. I initiate the ffserver and run the following command at the client:ffmpeg -i http://localhost:10212/Stream.mpg -y Sample.mpgBut the Sample.mpg file is far less qualtiy and much smaller than the 480p.mpg file. I want the exact same 480p.mpg file with the same file size, bit rate, ratio, fps etc.My config file is as follow:<Stream Stream.mpg>

    File "/home/david/Documents/Video/Streaming/480p.mpg"
    format mpeg

    ACL allow 127.0.0.1
    ACL allow 192.168.1.0 192.168.1.255

</Stream>How can I save the streaming statistics of the video i.e how are the frames received, their bitrates, time intervals etc. It must be unique while for every client if streamed over a wireless network, due to variable conditions.I know about the -vsats command in ffmpeg but It gives me the video coding statistics (static file only depends on video) not the streaming statistics.