[FFmpeg-user] How to integrate shared object file of libx264 while using ffmpeg for android?

David Varghese davidvrgh at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 12:16:17 CEST 2014

Hi,

I am working with integrating ffmpeg for android .

Since I needed H.264 encoding I need to integrate libx264 with ffmpeg .
Given below are the steps I followed .

1) Build the latest libx264 using android compiler tool-chain to obtain
libx264.so.142 .

2) Build ffmpeg v 2.3 referring to this
<http://www.roman10.net/how-to-build-ffmpeg-with-ndk-r9/> with --enable
-libx264 option while configuring ffmpeg . The method explained in the blog
included some editing in configure file of ffmpeg to generate shared object
files with format [lib name].so rather than the generating shared object
file with format [lib name].so.[version] (Since android build system
supports files with extension .so only).

The building process was successful but since the generated .so files
(after building ffmpeg) has dynamic dependency with libx264.so.142,I need
to package libx264.so.142 also with the android .apk file . But since the
above format (.so.142) is not supported with android apk building system I
cannot package it with the .apk .

So I think the only option I have is to make some changes in configure file
of ffmpeg to change the dynamic dependency of libx264.so.142 to libx264.so
. Am I right??

What changes do I need to make to ffmpeg configure file to achieve this?

--
Thanks and Regards ,
David Varghese