[FFmpeg-user] continuous hls simulated live streaming

Brent Troge brenttroge2016 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 23:48:20 CEST 2014

Dope.. Thanks for the response.

I seemed to have resolved the 'problem by calling the concat demuxer. i
basically just called the video enough times to last a couple weeks. my
shell script then loops, and after the loop the index is reset.. which is
no big deal. no one is going to watch my stream for two weeks straight. and
whoever is watching at the end of the loop will simply restart their
player.

for i in {1..3000000}; do printf "file '%s'\n" file.mp4 >> mylist2.txt; done

ffmpeg -y -re -f concat -i mylist2.txt -map 0 -codec copy -f segment
-segment_list_size 10 -segment_list <list> -segment_list_flags +live
-segment_time 10 -vbsf h264_mp4toannexb file%03d.ts