[FFmpeg-user] compilation problem for CentOS 6

M Wong mona at sdsc.edu
Wed Aug 6 22:38:54 CEST 2014

Hi:

	This is my first time compiling ffmpeg and I'm following the instructions at https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/CompilationGuide/Centos to compile just the ffmpeg portion but it didn't work.  Here is my command:

./configure --prefix="$HOME/software/ffmpeg/build" --extra-cflags="-I$HOME/software/ffmpeg/build/include" --extra-ldflags="-L$HOME/software/ffmpeg/build/lib" --bindir="$HOME/bin" --extra-libs=-ldl --enable-gpl --enable-nonfree

	and here is the output I got:

gcc is unable to create an executable file.
If gcc is a cross-compiler, use the --enable-cross-compile option.
Only do this if you know what cross compiling means.
C compiler test failed.

If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the latest
version from Git.  If the latest version fails, report the problem to the
ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org mailing list or IRC #ffmpeg on irc.freenode.net.
Include the log file "config.log" produced by configure as this will help
solve the problem.

	Attached is the config.log file.  Any help on what I am doing wrong is appreciated.

thanks,
Mona

    Mona Wong
    Web & iPad Application Developer