[FFmpeg-user] Combining yuvj422p and yuvj420p

Cecil Westerhof Cecil at decebal.nl
Mon Aug 11 11:44:17 CEST 2014

Op Monday 11 Aug 2014 11:19 CEST schreef Cecil Westerhof:

> Op Monday 11 Aug 2014 08:34 CEST schreef Carl Eugen Hoyos:
>
>> Cecil Westerhof <Cecil <at> decebal.nl> writes:
>>
>>> ffmpeg   -y \
>>> -i "/home/cecil/Pictures/bin/3.mp3" \
>>> -f image2 \
>>> -r 1 \
>>
>> Does it make a difference if you use "-framerate 1"?
>
> I am going to try that out.

That solved the problem. (Without even doing the other stuff.)

It is a bit strange, because when I read the manpage they seem to do
the same. Even stranger: there is an example with framerate, but the
option itself is not described, while the option -r is described.
Which will lead to people using the ‘wrong’ option.

What is the difference between -r and -framerate?

>>> -i "tempFrames/testing%03d.jpg" \
>>
>>> -pix_fmt yuvj422p \
>>
>> Unrelated: This is wrong and misleading, no known
>> mpeg4 asp encoder (or decoder) supports anything
>> else than -yuv420p.

Removed.

I know almost nothing about encoders/decoders only enough of ffmpeg to
be able to do some useful things. ;-)
Any recommendations about filling this gap?

>> (And both "-f" are redundant.)
>
> I will remove those also then.

Removed.

Next time I should ask sooner. This was bugging me for some time. And
when I see how simple the solution was …

Thanks for the help.

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer