[FFmpeg-user] Combining yuvj422p and yuvj420p

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Aug 12 10:11:35 CEST 2014

Cecil Westerhof <Cecil <at> decebal.nl> writes:

> >> -pix_fmt yuvj422p \
> >
> > Unrelated: This is wrong and misleading, no known
   _^^^^^^^^^_

Note this word.

> > mpeg4 asp encoder (or decoder) supports anything
> > else than -yuv420p.
>
> Without it did not work also.

Of course not, see above.

> Until know all my pictures where in yuv422p, but
> know there where also yuv422p pictures. I had done
> some searching on the internet and somewhere this
> was recommended.

Where?

> I am going to remove it again.

> (Or maybe I should change it to yuvj420p.)

No known mpeg4 asp encoder or decoder supports
yuvj420p, so this doesn't make sense. The only
supported colourspace for all mpeg4 asp encoder
and decoder I know is yuv420p. Since it is the
only supported colourspace in FFmpeg's encoder
you don't have to specify it.

Carl Eugen