[FFmpeg-user] silence in front of generated audio mpegts

ffmpeguser anteusz at freemail.hu
Wed Aug 13 17:51:49 CEST 2014

Hi all,
../ffmpeg/ffmpeg -i  a.ts -acodec aac -strict -2 -loglevel debug audio.ts

Input #0, aac, from 'a.ts':
  Duration: 00:00:05.06, bitrate: 126 kb/s
    Stream #0:0: Audio: aac, 44100 Hz, stereo, fltp, 126 kb/s

if I convert a.ts and audio.ts into .wav
I will get two wav files, one of them has silence in front of it.  I used
audacity to determine that about 0.031s
audio.ts will have some silence.
I can see that a.ts has 215 audio frames
and audio.ts 216.

Any explanations why is silence added to ts? How to turn that off?

thanks.