[FFmpeg-user] webm_dash_manifest muxer: operation not permitted

Christian Ebert blacktrash at gmx.net
Tue Aug 19 15:05:45 CEST 2014

* Carl Eugen Hoyos on Monday, August 18, 2014 at 22:02:00 +0000
> Christian Ebert <blacktrash <at> gmx.net> writes:
>
>> $ ffmpeg -f webm_dash_manifest -i test1.webm
>
> Why do you believe that a file with a webm
> suffix is actually a (xml) manifest?
> And what's wrong with FFmpeg's file type
> autodetection?

Did not make sense to me either to force that as input format,
but I've strictly followed the fine manual:
http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-all.html#Example-2

That's also how the muxer was introduced:
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2014-July/159876.html

Omitting the -f webm_dash_manifest gets rid of the error, but
hangs up ffmpeg and I have to kill the process.

Do you have a commandline that worked for you in practice?

--
theatre - books - texts - movies
Black Trash Productions at home: http://www.blacktrash.org