[FFmpeg-user] mpegts file seems corrupt but plays back fine in VLC

Christian Ebert blacktrash at gmx.net
Tue Aug 19 17:39:15 CEST 2014

* Carl Eugen Hoyos on Tuesday, August 19, 2014 at 13:54:08 +0000
> Christian Ebert <blacktrash <at> gmx.net> writes:
>> Or it is this hard to reproduce regression:
>> https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/3861
>
> Is your ticket reproducible without the segment
> muxer? If yes, you have (unfortunately!) reported
> it in the worst possible way;-(

Thank you for the compliment.

It's very hard to reproduce, believe me, I already spent more
than 4 hours on trying to abstract from a more involved script.
When I find time I'll look at it some more. But obviously you
only get an error when you try to re-process the ts, I showed
what made me discover the bug.

It's easier to get the:

[mpegts @ 0x7fecbd800000] H.264 bitstream error, startcode missing

but again, as I wrote, this often does not prevent the segment
muxer from succeeding?! So the actual error, which in turn so far
I could only repro with the segment muxer.

I understand that you want nice, clean, narrowed down bug
reports, but sometimes the difficulty to narrow down is part of
the very issue, especially with the ones where the very same
command line succeeds (or _seems_ to succeed) in the majority of
circumstances.

--
of this Brooklyn neighbourhood! Und natürlich als
Kind auch Asthmatiker. Sobald wir raus waren, konnten