[FFmpeg-user] Ignore missing streams when output is selected?

csparker247 csparker247 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 17:21:42 CEST 2014

I have a bash script that automates some batch encoding to presets for me. It
accepts video files and image sequences. Most of my presets output to a
single mp4 file, so when I feed them an image sequence, they ignore the
audio options I have set for that preset and output correctly. However, I
run into issues with presets that output to separate video and audio files
and with presets that use filter_complex on the audio stream. With these
outputs, if there isn't an audio stream in the input file, I get these
errors:

> Output file #1 does not contain any stream
or
> Cannot find a matching stream for unlabeled input pad 0 on filter [insert
> filter here]

So my question is, is there a way to have ffmpeg ignore the "lack of stream"
error in these circumstances? Or do I need to program the logic into my
scripts?