[FFmpeg-user] Quicktime Files create with -vtag aivx

Rens Dijkshoorn rens at onlinemedia.nl
Tue Dec 2 18:24:37 CET 2014

> Rens Dijkshoorn <rens <at> onlinemedia.nl> writes:
>
> > This fixed the problem with XAVC MXF 4096x2160.
>
> Thank you for testing!
>
> > With an XAVC MXF 3840x2160 pixel size this is not
> > recognized
>
> You didn't report this...
>
> Sorry if this obvious to you but I have no idea
> about these tags and what these cameras produce,
> I can only try things when you report them.
>
> Are these the only two possible resolutions or
> should the tag be used for everything >1080?
>
> Carl Eugen

This Sony F55 camera can record in MPEG2, XAVC
and soon in PRORES & DNXHD. In frame sizes from
1280x720, 1920x1080, 2048x1080, 3840x2160 & 4096x2160
with frame rates up to 60 fps.

In addition to that it can record RAW formats

Currently i have only have media in 1920x1080,
3840x2160 and 4096x2160 in a few frame rates.

I will check the other options and report them
here when i get hold of them. For the moment
this is a big improvement as -vtag aivx now
produces a compliant Quicktime File.

Thanks

Rens