[FFmpeg-user] OBS multicast

Eric Lovelace Eric.Lovelace at msdmail.net
Thu Dec 4 22:41:09 CET 2014

Zenny writes:

> Except for compositing like chroma, ffmpeg can stream too.
>
> Do you have any reason to use OBS except for chroma matte?
>
> On 12/4/14, Eric Lovelace <Eric.Lovelace at msdmail.net> wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > My goal is to create a live stream using OBS and play it on many
> > in-house machines using multicast.  Right now my attempt looks like:
> > [OBS] -> [nginx w/ rtmp module] -> [ffserver/ffmedia with rtp] -> [any
> > client; I've tried vlc, quicktime, ffplay]
> >
> > I keep running into issues and I haven't had much luck troubleshooting
> > them, so I am curious if anyone has accomplished something similar and
> > could share their setup.  Is this a good approach, or should I look in
> > a different direction?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Eric

The main reason to use OBS is a familiar interface (partially for myself developing but primarily the non-technical person who will be broadcasting).  For testing, I will work on creating the original stream with ffmpeg to see if that effects my final results. If that works I'll see about searching for a different UI.  Thanks for the tip.

- Eric