[FFmpeg-user] Prores enable all audio channels on output file

Phil Rhodes phil_rhodes at rocketmail.com
Tue Dec 9 23:36:59 CET 2014

How many audio channels are you expecting?
You don't mention the type of source file you're converting from, but I hit this when converting some XAVC MXFs from a Sony PXW-X180, which had I believe four audio tracks. The resulting file was interpreted as having four mono tracks rather than two stereo, which was inconvenient in the NLE.

Eventually, I ended up using the -filter_complex option to do some sort of audio merge - I can't remember the specifics, but you may want to look at the "amerge" filter. But as I say, I'm not sure what your input file is and what you're expecting to get out. You may also be able to reject channels you're not interested in entirely, and end up with a stereo output file. Depends what you need.