[FFmpeg-user] dvd_nav_packet & mapping order issue

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Dec 15 14:36:38 CET 2014

Sub Phil <phil4000n <at> gmail.com> writes:

> >Writing dvdnav packets is not supported.
>
> I haven't seen that in the documentation,
> maybe it should stated.

> By the way, how do you than specify to copy
> all streams but dvdnav packets??

The map option supports a "-" parameter, that
should work, if not, provide your command line
please.
(Try -map -0:d)

> > but unless you can explain a negative
> > effect this has, there is no issue.
>
> Well, I do.

> I can't properly concat files now.

You should not use FFmpeg to concat vob files.
(You can use it to transcode them.)
There is 'cat' and there is 'mplayer -dumpstream'
and there is 'tools/dvd2concat'.
All three are better suited.

> Indeed, has the ffmpeg output has streams
> order changed

As explained, vob files (mpeg program streams)
do not have a "stream order", since you cannot
change something that does not exist, FFmpeg
does not change the order of streams in vob
files.

Please fix your quoting, Carl Eugen