[FFmpeg-user] AVI and Timecode

Dietmar Thal info at dequid.net
Wed Dec 17 22:21:10 CET 2014

On 17.12.2014 19:47, Phil Rhodes wrote:
> Does this imply that the entire file needs to fit in memory, though? Sorry, I'm not a Perl expert.

I don't know the internals precisely how Perl handles this (Memory,
swap files, caching...) But i think no, i doesn't have to...
Perl just opens a filehandle to the file, and writes the additional
data into it. It would have to fit in memory if you want to store
its contents in e.g. an array. But as i said, i don't know this.
I just tested it with the files i have here. Maybe just give it a try...

Dietmar