[FFmpeg-user] MPEG AC-3 Error

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Sat Dec 20 03:02:39 CET 2014

On 12/19/2014 3:47 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Kirk Bocek <t004 <at> kbocek.com> writes:
>
>> $ ffmpeg -i SNL20141213.mpg
>> ffmpeg version 0.10.15
> This is far too old, please test current FFmpeg
> git head (which will tell you that "mpg" is not
> the format that you want).
>
> Carl Eugen

For a variety of reasons I want to install from repo. Looking at some
other repos than the one I got this from I find:

2.2.4-67.el6

Does that sound current enough?

As for the container format, I am confused by your statement. MPG is the
source file's format. It plays just fine in both MythTV and VLC and is
what was captured from cable. Why is it unacceptable? The video is MPEG-2.