[FFmpeg-user] LLossless (10 Bit RGB 444) and (10 Bit YUV 422) Compression

Peter B. pb at das-werkstatt.com
Sat Dec 27 12:54:06 CET 2014

On 12/27/2014 04:02 AM, Jason Freets wrote:
> The sample I am using is 30 gigs. I'd have to re-create one that is
> much smaller.

If I understood the use case correctly, it might be sufficient if you
create a very short excerpt of your 30GB file like this:

  $ ffmpeg -i {HUGE_FILE} -c copy -s {START_OFFSET} -t {DURATION}
{OUTPUT_FILE}

With "-s" you can define a start offset (in seconds), and with "-t" a
duration of the snippet (also in seconds)

For example:

  $ ffmpeg -i input.avi -c copy -s 10 -t 5 output.avi

That would create a 5 second snippet, starting at offset 10s.

If the conversion issue can be reproduced with a snippet of a few
frames, you could try to set the duration to e.g. 1 second, therefore
reducing the filesize to be as small as possible.

Regards,
Pb