[FFmpeg-user] complex filtergraph overlay repeatlast option is broken in Debian static build

Lukácsy Gergely Gergely.Lukacsy at streamnet.hu
Wed Feb 5 16:16:46 CET 2014

Hi FFmpeg Users!

I would like to ask for your help about a Linux-related issue.
Yesterday I had dug out my picture-in-picture CLI snippet, and tried it with the latest Debian static build.
Unfortunately, the command which worked well with the 1.2.6-Win64 ffmpeg build previously, doesn't provided the expected result on Linux.

The basic problem is the following: when I pass two streams with different durations to the overlay filter, the shorter video appears to freezing at the last frame when reaching the end. This behavior can be solved by manually overriding the default repeatlast value ("overlay=[...]:repeatlast=0"), so the short video would simply disappear after reaching it's end. It seems the option have no effect on the newest Debian build, but still working fine with the current Win64 builds.
The linux version I tried is: N-39976-g8a3b85f downloaded from http://johnvansickle.com/ffmpeg/, while the Windows version is: N-60366-g6e380cc. (Linux OS: Debian 6.0.8 (kernel: 2.6.32-5-amd64), NT: Win7 pro sp1)

The commands I tried is nearly identical on both machines:
/home/gergo/ffmpeg-2.1.3-64bit-static/ffmpeg -y -f lavfi -i color=c=0xaa0000:size=640x512:duration=60 -i video_short.flv -filter_complex '[1] scale=640x512 [main]; [0][main] overlay= repeatlast=0' -c:v libx264 -preset medium -pix_fmt yuv420p -b:v 800k -c:a libmp3lame -b:a 96k -threads 0 -f mp4 testbg.mp4

Could you plese point me out what am I doing wrong? Is the daily debian build outdated?
Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
Gergely Lukácsy.