[FFmpeg-user] HEVC decoding from multicast

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Feb 5 17:48:37 CET 2014

Andrey Utkin <andrey.krieger.utkin <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I think right solution would be to attach AVFormatContext
> on UDP stream, an demux it until you have got AVPacket of
> needed video stream, with AVPacket.flags & AV_PKT_FLAG_KEY

Are you sure that for all valid hevc streams this flag will
ever be set?
(This is not true for h264 where valid streams do not
necessarily contain an I-frame.)

[...]

> As a hint you could check AVPacket.flags for
> AV_PKT_FLAG_CORRUPT

Does this flag really have any relevance?
(I don't mean for hevc streams but in the general case:
When is it useful?)

As said, the original problem (corrupt frames from the
beginning of a cut hevc stream are output) is a missing
feature of a new decoder, the default behaviour will be
not to show those frames.

Carl Eugen