[FFmpeg-user] Transport Stream (.ts) with ac3 audio

Andy Furniss adf.lists at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 13:33:45 CET 2014

Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> relaht <at> gmx.de <relaht <at> gmx.de> writes:
>
>> I have problems with .ts files including ac3 audio.
>
> Please do not point to external resources if you need help here, post
> all necessary information in your mail.
>
> That said, there is a ticket (unreachable atm) which describes the
> same problem, since no developer can repropuce this and afaik WMP
> plays the files that FFmpeg writes, I don't think this has any
> priority;-(

Obviously I haven't seen the trac, but it seems to me that ffmpeg is
making an ATSC compliant stream when muxing AC3, so whether it's
reproducable by developers or not it is known not to be a DVB compliant
stream.

I am referring to stream type 129 vs 6, (and any other differences in
the spec/stream which I haven't looked into).

The spec being A52 Annex A (p114)

http://www.atsc.org/cms/standards/A52-2012(12-17).pdf