[FFmpeg-user] Transport Stream (.ts) with ac3 audio

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu Feb 6 14:47:20 CET 2014

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.trac/11821

> but it seems to me that ffmpeg is making an ATSC
> compliant stream when muxing AC3, so whether it's

Afaik, this is correct.

> reproducable by developers or not it is known not
> to be a DVB compliant stream.

I was just trying to explain that problems that are not
easily reproducible (and, worse, not reproducible with
software alone) are less likely to be fixed than issues
that are easily (and with all relevant players)
reproducible.

> I am referring to stream type 129 vs 6, (and any other
> differences in the spec/stream which I haven't looked
> into).
>
> The spec being A52 Annex A (p114)
>
> http://www.atsc.org/cms/standards/A52-2012(12-17).pdf

Implementation for "System B" (page 121) is missing
for the muxer iiuc.

Patch definitely welcome!

Carl Eugen