[FFmpeg-user] Legal way to compile FFmpeg with libx264

Igor beautyofnorth at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 16:01:12 CET 2014

Hello,

We'd like to use FFmpeg + X264 encoder (as one DLL) in our commercial
product.

If we purchase the commercial license for X264, is it possible to compile
FFmpeg with libx264 for commercial use in our product?

I contacted to x264licensing.com and they confirmed that I can use libx264
with FFmpeg if I have the commercial license for x264.

But how to compile FFmpeg with libx264 to keep FFmpeg under LGPL?

Please advice the legal way how to do this?