[FFmpeg-user] x.265

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Thu Feb 20 04:18:40 CET 2014

On Wed, 19 Feb 2014 21:26:47 +0100 (CET)
Rens Dijkshoorn <rens at onlinemedia.nl> wrote:

> I have a question and it will be a blast if someone will answer it.
>
> This gentleman has stated that x.265 encoder is integrated in ffmpeg since
> February 12th.
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/a/21853796
>
> however my build of ffmpeg that I have compiled, notifies me (Unknown
> encoder 'libx265')
>
> So can someone kindly give my some information on this, If it is not too
> much trouble.
>
> Thank You for your time.
>

> You first need to install x265 from x265.org as a shared library.
>

> Rens

Please use a mail client that uses the "in-reply-to" and/or "references"
headers. Without these some mail clients will show your replies outside
of the message thread as shown here:

<http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.user>

You should also fix your quoting. Your replies are lacking any quoting,
so it can be difficult to differentiate your comments from those that
you are replying to. Example:

<http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2014-February/020129.html>

If you are replying via the ffmpeg-user mailing list archives note that
you can click on the email address link to reply. This will include the
"in-reply-to" header (but it will not provide the quoted text).

http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/