[FFmpeg-user] Fwd: Can't concat two files which were encoded the same way.

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sat Feb 22 23:41:45 CET 2014

Zsolt <dqeswn <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > avi also does not work.
> >

> As I said, not my experience.

Only by accident, the concat protocol does the
same as concatenating the file, if this works
for some avi files (meaning a useless header is
sent to the muxer at some point) it is pure luck.

> > > (Ouch, For the other two concat variants.
> > > The first is mostly unworkable on windows.
> >
> > Could you elaborate?
>
> Well. The shell can't do such advanced things. :)

Sorry if I misunderstand:
The shell stops you from creating a text file
with the file names?

> > > The second is just amazingly complicated/cumbersome.)
> >
> > Same here.
>
> At least we agree on something.

No, I meant:
I also cannot understand what is more complicated
about the concat filter than the concat protocol.

Carl Eugen