[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg fails on mp2v codec

Jan Ehrhardt phpdev at ehrhardt.nl
Sat Feb 22 23:59:14 CET 2014

Carl Eugen Hoyos in gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.user (Sat, 22 Feb 2014
22:09:26 +0000 (UTC)):
>Do you know what produced the video?
>(To improve the commit message.)

I really would not know. They were recorded in Uganda, transfered to
Eugene, Oregon, USA. And I am from Amsterdam, NL.

Looking inside the video I found strings like ftypqt, Core Media Video
and just before that 'mhlrvideappl'

There are more references to Apple:
8hdlr / dhlralisappl / Core Media Data Handler
1hdlr / mhlrsounappl / Core Media Audio

My best guess is that it was some kind if iPhone or iPad.

>Does it play with QuickTime or WMP?

My contact in Oregon told me it did not play in his Quicktime (on
Windows) and I do not have QT installed on my Windows laptop.

It does only play the audio in WMP.

Jan