[FFmpeg-user] How to find if ffmpeg uses software decoder or hardware decoder for H.264?

whoami Jils get2jils at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 19:52:16 CET 2014

Thanks James, sorry, i was thinking to ask decoder, i hope the same applies
for decoder also?.   ie: decoder also software decoding. I have read in net
many places, that ffmpeg tries if there are any hardware decoder, if so it
uses it , if not it goes with software decoding. Is it true?.  In case if
it not true, is it possible to make ffmpeg to use hardware decoder if
available, so that performance increases?