[FFmpeg-user] Reversing PAL->NTSC telecining.

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Jan 6 21:14:59 CET 2014

Nicholas Robbins <nickrobbins <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> > Both the fieldmatch and the pullup filter were generally
> > able to inverse telecine such a sample.

> Should I add decimate to the end?

If you use pullup, you need "-r" but not decimate, if you
use fieldmatch, decimate is required.

> If it drops every 5th frame, it won't be doing the
> right thing, or will decimate=cycle=6 do what I want?

I thought the default may be correct, but this is easy to
test.

> Perhaps mpdecimate?

mpdecimate is a different filter with a different purpose
please do not use it with fieldmatch.

> Here is my first guess:
>
> -vf "fps=fps=30000/1001,fieldmatch,decimate=6,yadif=deint=interlaced"

Do not initially use yadif, it imo can cause problems.

> If you recall, something about how mplayer dumps its
> vobs labels them as ~60fps, when they are really ~30.

Did you upload a sample? (What was its name?)

Carl Eugen