[FFmpeg-user] Reversing PAL->NTSC telecining.

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Jan 8 17:06:40 CET 2014

Nicholas Robbins <nickrobbins <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> ffmpeg  -fflags +genpts -i in.vob  -i novid.mkv -map 0:v
> -map 1 -c copy out.mkv

Out of curiosity:
What does FFmpeg not support so that you always have to use
additional input files?
(And why are you using -c copy, I thought this is all about
inverse telecine?)

Without checking, I suspect that mkv stores an index (not the
vob file) which has to be created while writing the file.

If this is reproducible with a simple command line (-i testsrc)
I would like to test myself, >1G seems too much to me.

> I will if I have a problem with fieldmatch.

;-(
(The point here is that you trust fieldmatch to be superior
although I hinted several times that this is not actually
reproducible.)

> For pullup I would replace
>
> -vf fieldmatch,decimate
>
> with