[FFmpeg-user] Problem Transcoding from FFV1 to DIRAC

ciorba andrei ciorbaandrei at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 9 15:00:57 CET 2014

I have that file, but when I try to debug it, Visual Studio says that it has no debug information available, also ffmpeg.exe and ffmpeg_g.exe have the same file size, I'm guessing ffmpeg_g.exe should be larger. I think Visual Studio doesn't know how to read debug symbols for files that aren't built with msvc.

Isn't there an option for ffmpeg to make it create a crash dump when an assertion fails? or some other way in which I could obtain a call stack?

Thanks,
Andrei.

On Thursday, January 9, 2014 3:38 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

ciorba andrei <ciorbaandrei <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> Although I've manged to cross-compile it on linux, I wasn't
> able to built ffmpeg together with debugging symbols, so I
> cannot provide a stack trace.

The debug version is built by default, its name is ffmpeg_g
(or in your case ffmpeg_g.exe)

Carl Eugen