[FFmpeg-user] Help converting .mov and .mp4 to .mp4 and playing in JWPlayer5

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Tue Jan 14 22:08:50 CET 2014

On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 11:46:42 -0500
Andrew Rietbergen <andrew at reflexionsdata.com> wrote:

> I am still having difficulty with .mp4 files, from your reply
> I understood that I should also be re-musing mp4 files into mp4.

Not quite. Your first console output indicated that your mp4 file
contained H.264 video. These more recent console outputs contain "mpeg4
(Simple Profile)" which I doubt are playable in JW Player.

> I have tried using the file as is, (with no ffmpeg command run on it)
> but in JWPlayer5 and JWPlayer6 I am getting audio, but no video.
> (Although the video plays fine in Quicktime on my local machine)

With what device(s) are you attempting to watch the video? As mentioned
elsewhere in this thread if you are also targeting some mobile devices
you may have to re-encode to their specs such as with "-profile:v
baseline -level 3.0" and perhaps "-refs" (since "-level" does not set
it, IIRC) and other limitations such as frame size with "-s" or the
scale filter.

> I have tried using the -pix_fmt yuv420p flag and without with the same results.

This is ignored if you are stream copying.
http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html#Stream-copy

Please avoid top-posting on this mailing list.