[FFmpeg-user] AC3 encoding problem - wrong audio tag?

nieznosnik antyspam at mixbox.pl
Tue Jan 14 22:36:19 CET 2014

After a huge searching throught the Internet I finally found the solution for
ffmpeg to produce file with proper (for me) AC3.

I have sometimes films (with unsupported AC3 from default ffmpeg and/or
problems with video) which I can't play on my LG TV, so I use this command
to decode and it plays well.

 ffmpeg -fflags +genpts -i input.mkv/avi -threads 4 -vcodec libx264 -b 3000k
-pix_fmt yuv420p -acodec ac3 -ac 6 -ar 48000 -ab 448k -dialnorm -24
-dsur_mode 0 -original 1 -dmix_mode 2 -f matroska output.mkv

Maybe it helps somebody which searching for it.