[FFmpeg-user] Problem opening (mov, mp4, 3gp) with avformat_open_input

Leo Izen leo.izen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 23:57:10 CET 2014

On 01/14/2014 05:05 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> mastereve <gheorghitacristian <at> mac.com> writes:
>
>> If some one can tell me a good Xcode x86_64
>> configuration I will appreciate it very much.
>
> What's wrong with "./configure && make" ?

This doesn't get most of the useful encoders such as libx264, libopus,
libfdk_aac (if it's a personal build), libvorbis, libtheora, libvpx,
libmp3lame, the list goes on. While FFmpeg provides a very, very nice
decoder base and format base, most of the super-valuable encoders are
external (though FFmpeg can still use them :D).

Though I digress: I'd just use ./configure --enable-lib{stuff you want}
and then run make, followed by make install (as root), but make sure
you're using the current git master (protip: if you've already cloned
then you don't need to clone again, navigate to the source tree and use
git pull git://{the url}. This only pulls the changes.)