[FFmpeg-user] Questions about w3fdif deinterlacing

Seth Parker csparker247 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 22:17:27 CET 2014

So after looking at my sample a little closer, ffmpeg detects a 29.97 fps
input but sets output to 59.94. I just wasn't looking at the input closely
enough yesterday. Still, I'm getting the same issue.

Here's a zip with the sample as well as some tests I ran:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13015285/ffmpeg_samples.zip

I ran three commands on the sample:
ffmpeg -i sample.mov -c:v libx264 -pix_fmt yuv420p -vf "w3fdif"
sample_w3fdif.mp4
ffmpeg -i sample.mov -c:v libx264 -pix_fmt yuv420p -vf "idet, w3fdif"
sample_idet_w3fdif.mp4
ffmpeg -i sample.mov -c:v libx264 -pix_fmt yuv420p -r 29.97 -vf "w3fdif"
sample_2997_w3fdif.mp4

Am I just ignorant of how all of this is working?

*Seth Parker*
Video Editor | The University of Kentucky Vis Center
www.csethparker.com | www.vis.uky.edu