[FFmpeg-user] Questions about w3fdif deinterlacing

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sat Jan 18 19:56:06 CET 2014

Seth Parker <csparker247 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos <at> ag.or.at> writes:
> >The reason is that I was wrong
> >
> >The filter "works" exactly as you expected

[...]

> So idet DOES report frame info to w3fdif?

Yes (and to yadif and any other interested
filter.)

> Of course, as you mentioned and

> as I've seen elsewhere, idet isn't the most
> reliable, so it's not a great solution.

I don't think this is correct / I don't think you
will always be able to visually decide if a frame
is progressive / tff / bff. That is why I originally
thought only two-pass deinterlacing makes sense,
you showed that this is at least not always true.

Carl Eugen