[FFmpeg-user] List of stream IDs

meino.cramer at gmx.de meino.cramer at gmx.de
Sat Jan 25 17:13:33 CET 2014

Hi,

currently I am experimenting with the "conversion" of *.ts-files
(transport Stream data) to video mpeg files.

For this I am using a command like this one:

ffmpeg -i input.ts -y -c copy -map 0:0 -map 0:1 output.mpeg

The map commands need parameters which I currently get from the error
messages of ffmpeg if I intentionally specify the above command with
wrong stream IDs -- say -- somethging like "-map 3:141".
Since ffmpeg spit out A LOT of stuff -- beside the wanted information
-- this is somehow tedious (NO critism intended!)!

Is any form of "analyze"- or "list info"-command or something like
that, which ends successfully on valid stream data and gives me
that information in a more readable (grep-able) way?

Best regards,
mcc