[FFmpeg-user] Matroska default flag

James Darnley james.darnley at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 17:56:55 CET 2014

On 2014-01-28 17:25, Ingo Brückl wrote:
> Nicholas Robbins wrote on Tue, 28 Jan 2014 08:16:09 -0800 (PST):

>> This isn't an ffmpeg solution, but mkvpropedit can do what you want.
>
> I know, but that wasn't my question.
>
> From your answer I assume that ffmpeg can't set/reset that flag, can it?
>
> Does a feature request make sense or is that beyond the scope of ffmpeg?

ffmpeg can't edit an existing file.  It would have to split the various
streams and then create a new file to mux them back into.  This is
unlikely to change

This assumes that ffmpeg even exposes the option to set this mkv
exclusive metadata feature.  If this feature doesn't exist it could be a
valid feature request.

The help printed by "ffmpeg -h muxer=matroska" doesn't seem to list
anything like what you want.