[FFmpeg-user] problems with IPB Frames

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Jan 31 15:48:10 CET 2014

Guido Holz <guido <at> sportograf.com> writes:

> When I do this
>
> ffmpeg.exe -i tmp.mp4 -ss 00:00:04.0 -t 00:00:12.0 -y out.mp4
>
> should I get normaly  a piece of footage beginning with an I-Frame, right?

(Unrelated: For larger values of -ss, you want to specify
seeking before the input file, the way you do it, all
content before the specifed time value has to be decoded.)

Of course, since you are encoding and not remuxing.
I assume you wanted to write:
ffmpeg -ss 4 -i tmp.mp4 -codec copy -t 12 out.mp4

This provides an output file that starts with an I-frame
here, if that is not true for you, please provide:
a sample
and
complete, uncut console output.

Please do not top-post here, it is considered rude.

Carl Eugen