[FFmpeg-user] Bad audio for MXF output

Matthieu Bouron matthieu.bouron at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 15:17:05 CEST 2014

On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 5:31 PM, Shyam Sundar <sw.craftsman at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Matthieu,
>
> I was using VLC .. but now I just tried ffplay, wherein audio is looking
> much better :)
>
> So ... what does that mean .. should we always use ffplay to verify any
> issue ? problem is that users will always be using vlc etc wherein they may
> see issue. :(
>
> Wondering ... is there any way to make it work for VLC ?

If VLC is build upon an old version of libav (I haven't checked with a
recent version), it is known to not handle properly audio from MXF files @
29.97fps or 59.94fps.
The relevant fix has been merged a long time ago in ffmpeg and I don't know
if the fix has been ported back to libav.

Regards,
Matthieu