[FFmpeg-user] Reg: CPU Usage Issue

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Sat Jul 5 13:10:44 CEST 2014

On Fri, Jul 04, 2014 at 11:39:19 +0530, subeesh.babu wrote:
>                      ffmpeg -re -i video.mp4 -f mpegts udp:10.5.4.69:1234
>   a..     It takes 99% of CPU usage . Any one suggest how to reduce my CPU usage .

If video.mp4 already contains the correct codecs with the correct
parameters for your streamed mpegts, you could avoid recoding totally
by adding:
-c copy
(or -c:v copy, if it shall only apply to video).

That avoids very much of the CPU usage.

Apart from that, we usually expect your full ffmpeg command line and
the complete, uncut output on this list, to better understand your
scenario.

Moritz