[FFmpeg-user] mkv to wav conversion out of sync

Cliff R Wong cliff.r.wong at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 20:33:47 CEST 2014

Dear All,

I am using ffmpeg to extract the audio from an mkv file to wav with the
following command:

ffmpeg -i [input.mkv] -ar 8000 -ac 1 output.wav

However, there is a roughly one second delay in the audio of the input mkv
file and the output wav file. This is not a problem for avi and mp4 files.
I have also observed this using the VLC converter. Getting the sync is very
important for my application. Does anybody have any idea how to fix this?
Or if you know the exact time delay, that would be great too. Thanks ahead
for your help.

Cliff