[FFmpeg-user] live link in a video?

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Sun Jul 6 18:00:53 CEST 2014

Hello, Oliver Fromme:

On 7/6/2014 2:34 AM, Oliver Fromme wrote:
> Spencer Graves wrote:
>   >        Is there a way to include a live link in a video, so a user could
>   > stop the video, click on the link, and have it go there?  If yes, how?
>   >
>   >        For example, is there a way to include a live link in a png (or
>   > similar image file) that can be preserved by ffmpeg?
>
> No, the PNG standard does not support that.
>
> However, URLs can be included in general-purpose TXT chunks
> inside a PNG file, but I'm not aware of any software that
> would interpret this as a "live link" that would be preserved
> as such during conversion.
>
> Another possibility, of course, would be to include a QR code
> or DataMatrix code in the image contents itself, but I assume
> that's not what you have in mind.

       Thanks for this.  Might it be feasible to include such in a
subtitle?

       I'm told that subtitles can be included for any number of
languages, and a user can turn on whatever language s/he wants.  I know
nothing about how to do that.  I found
"https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/HowToBurnSubtitlesIntoVideo", but I don't
know if this would support subtitling options or a live link.

       Thanks again,
       Spencer