[FFmpeg-user] audio and video sync problem

Patrick Fischer patrick.fischer at vitec.com
Mon Jul 7 08:58:35 CEST 2014

Hello Carl,

did you save the stream as raw mpegts to disk?
a player (like VLC) can handle mpegts files much better then an mp4
file. due to PTS/DTS values.

t think the problem is that the ffmpeg cli failed handle missing
audio/video frames.

in summary:
mpegts file -> play with VLC -> sync
mpegts file -> create mp4 with ffmpeg -> play mp4 file with VLC -> async

Is that your problem?
If so, i have the same problem.

I have made some test to duplicate some frames to fill the missing
frames and send to decoder.
It seems to work but sometimes i have detected that 1-100 frames are
missing.

best regards
Patrick

Am 07.07.2014 07:57, schrieb Murat Maman:
> Hi Carl,
>
> Yesterday out of syn problem again occurred and i saved file where to my
> disk, i saw that there is no out of sync problem. What does it mean, what
> is the source of problem, am i have internet problem, why frame drop during
> the broadcasting, is it rtmp problem.
>
> regards,
>
> Murat
>

> On Fri, Jul 4, 2014 at 3:32 PM, Eugene Gekhter <egekhter at pixcel.com> wrote:
>
>> Carl,
>>
>> Can you explain why sudo ffmpeg is a bad idea?
>>
>> Thx.
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone

>>> Unrelated: I believe that everybody on this list agrees
>>> that "sudo ffmpeg" is a very bad idea.

>>> (Complete, uncut console output missing.)
>>>
>>> Why are you using -vsync 1?
>>> Did you try -async 1?
>>>
>>> Am I correct that the problem is reproducible with file output
>>> instead of network output?
>>>
>>> Is the problem reproducible if you save the udp stream to a file
>>> (including the reception problems) and transcode the file with
>>> FFmpeg?
>>>
>>> Carl Eugen

*Patrick Fischer*
Software Developer
VITEC

T. +49-(0)4307-8358-0
E. patrick.fischer at vitec.com <mailto:patrick.fischer at vitec.com>
W. http://www.vitec.com

--
VITEC GmbH, Lise-Meitner Str. 15, 24223 Schwentinental
Geschäftsführer/Managing Director: Norman Schlomka